From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Desktop nearly unbootable!! Need HELP!!
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 18:32:03
1 Lindsay Haisley wrote:
2 > Yes, Donnie, there are things that I _should_ do and then there's a subset
3 > of these that I _can_ do. I've been hosting Internet services for 12 years.
4 > I run a very small one-man operation w. two servers. Currently I do have a
5 > 2nd box identical to one of my 2 production servers, but it's slated to
6 > replace the older of the two production servers. I rely on my own skill and
7 > the care and skill of the devs of the Linux distros that I use to avoid
8 > problems. One of my servers uses Debian, which has proved _very_ reliable
9 > across substantial distro version upgrades. I've had pretty good luck with
10 > Gentoo, too.
11
12 Xen or VMWare's free server can mostly make up for lack of hardware.
13
14 Thanks,
15 Donnie