From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] What "just works" and what doesn't?
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 22:59:04
On Tuesday 05 October 2004 22:44, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Since I can't try everything, I need some feedback from you guys. What > already does a great job at this? What stands out in your minds as being > forgettable because of the lack of set-up effort?
I did not look, if the developer documentation is improved or what the status of eclass menu functions for .desktop files is now, but I know that we're not doing the best job there. I really don't care much, since it is a minor issue, but it is a inconvenience to users, updating an ebuild and having none or more than one entry for an application in the menu. Would be good to find someone, who is interested in this. It shouldn't be hard, just boring work. I saw a lot of people complaining about xorg-6.7 and ati 9600SE, which seem to work fine with xfree. Couldn't find any bug report mentioning this regression, though.
> On the other side, what is really hard to configure? Where can we > improve how we set things up when programs are emerged?
Do we have something like "mime-config"? Carsten