From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Music Software
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:47:08
1 Sean ha scritto:
2 > Does anyone know of any packages in portage that a kid can work with to
3 > teach and perhaps let them play with making their own music?
4
5 LMMS would be a great package imho. It works immediately without having
6 to use jack etc., it's easy to play with, it has keyboard-to-note
7 mapping if you don't have a MIDI keyboard, it has a note rollbar (so
8 your kids can see what notes are they playing) etc.etc. And the pretty
9 icons and nice effects will be loved by your children, I think.
10
11 I don't think it's in the main portage tree, however it is pretty easy
12 to download the last SVN and compile it.
13
14 m.
15 --
16 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list