From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] digital camera
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:15:52
On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 13:17 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> On Saturday 27 November 2004 12:27, Neil Bothwick wrote: > > On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:28:46 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote: > > > You definitely need usb-storage. All digital cameras, if they aren't > > > too old, are storage devices. > > > > That's not true. The Canon EOS300D, hardly an old camera, does not show > > up as a storage device. It still works with Linux though, through > > gphoto2. > > Weird. Cant it be at least configured as a storage device?
Actually, my girlfriend has a Kodak EasyShare CX6330 and it is only usable via gphoto2, also. Not all cameras export their media as directly writeable to the operating system, so that is not a valid assumption to make. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager Games - Developer Gentoo Linux