From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Kernel_2.6/devfsd/SCSI/USB/Digital Camera problem
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 03:33:04
1 Thus spake Donnie Berkholz on Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 10:27:27PM CDT
2 > On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 22:23 -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
3 > > Should I file this as a bug, or are there things I should try to rebuild or
4 > > reconfigure before declaring it Gentoo's problem and not mine?
5 >
6 > Have you considered trying udev? I know this isn't a real "solution,"
7 > but upstream folks aren't interested in devfs bugs at this point.
8
9 I looked at udev, but note that there are an awful lot of software packages
10 out there that still look at the devfs filesystem, plus, I've seen a lot of
11 reports of things that just don't seem to work right yet with udev. I may
12 have to bite the bullet and try it anyway. I've got a problem with RAID,
13 LVM and devfsd, too, and filed a bug on it, and not a peep out of anyone. I
14 band-aided that problem (I wasn't the only one who had it) but it does look
15 as if no one is interested. Oh well.
18 Lindsay Haisley | "Everything works | PGP public key
19 FMP Computer Services | if you let it" | available at
20 512-259-1190 | (Travis W. Redfish) | <http://www.fmp.com/pubkeys>
21 http://www.fmp.com | ("The Roadie") |
24 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list