From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: ktp-text-ui not starting
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:02:43
Yohan Pereira posted on Sun, 17 Jun 2012 20:59:22 +0530 as excerpted:

> If you use an IM client you should try out the current stable version of > kde telepathy its cool albeit not fully cooked.
Heh, I'm not an IM/IRC kind of guy. I strongly prefer the async nature of newsgroups and email, where I can take two hours composing a detailed reply if I want, a week or whatever later if I want, and not have to worry about the other end waiting. So I don't install any of that sort of stuff. If I want instant, I use my (VoIP based) phone. Yeah, I know that doesn't work so well with the "millenial generation", but as I'm in my mid-40s I'm young enough to appreciate email, but I guess not young enough to appreciate IM/IRC. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman