From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Re: What "just works" and what doesn't?
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:01:08
1 Paul de Vrieze posted <200410071450.50237.pauldv@g.o>, excerpted
2 below, on Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:50:49 +0200:
3
4 > Well, there exists a utility called "setxkbmap" which can dynamically set
5 > the keyboard. Other utilities that come to mind for X keyboards are
6 > xmodmap and xkbprint (but there are more).
7
8 I think that first one was what I was trying to find, but couldn't
9 remember the name of or figure out what it was, when xorg's
10 XFree86-Standby key bug hit. I believe that's what I used b4, on Mdk.
11 Only I couldn't figure out what I needed on Gentoo, and the documentation
12 wasn't helping, so I just did it the hard way, which I could at least
13 figure out by trial and error.
14
15 See, /that's/ why decent documentation would be a /good/ thing! <g>
19 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
20 temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --
21 Benjamin Franklin
26 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list