From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: KDE 4.6 still masked?
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 18:06:39
Dale wrote:
> > May want to hold off on the upgrade until I see what caused this. My > Kmenu is about empty. No apps at all. It has the other stuff but no > way to start apps. Example, Seamonkey, gtkam or Kcalc is listed. The > only way I can start a app is to use the run dialog. Luckily I have > some links in the panel. > > Will post if I find a solution. Going to re-emerge some stuff to see > if that fixes it. If not, no idea what to check next. > > Dale > > :-) :-) >
I got it fixed. If someone else runs into this, just pick a small package and rebuild it. I picked gtkam since it only takes a couple minutes. Anyway, after it emerged, all the apps were listed again. I assume something was updated during the install process. It was something I could have done most likely without emerging anything but I can recall what it is at the moment. Whew, glad that was easy enough. ;-) Dale :-) :-)