From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: KDE 4.6 still masked?
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 18:06:39
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > May want to hold off on the upgrade until I see what caused this. My
4 > Kmenu is about empty. No apps at all. It has the other stuff but no
5 > way to start apps. Example, Seamonkey, gtkam or Kcalc is listed. The
6 > only way I can start a app is to use the run dialog. Luckily I have
7 > some links in the panel.
8 >
9 > Will post if I find a solution. Going to re-emerge some stuff to see
10 > if that fixes it. If not, no idea what to check next.
11 >
12 > Dale
13 >
14 > :-) :-)
17 I got it fixed. If someone else runs into this, just pick a small
18 package and rebuild it. I picked gtkam since it only takes a couple
19 minutes. Anyway, after it emerged, all the apps were listed again. I
20 assume something was updated during the install process. It was
21 something I could have done most likely without emerging anything but I
22 can recall what it is at the moment.
23
24 Whew, glad that was easy enough. ;-)
25