From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] udev, fstab, and fsck at boot.
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 04:29:54
At 2004-11-18T09:03:58-0500, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
<snip>
> A better solution is (as always, in my opinion with system-affecting > files such as this) to instead provide a fstab.example, or not to > provide an fstab via portage, at all.
I rather have to disagree. *.example files and other documentation-related goodies in my /etc directory annoy me, but a well-commented config file with some reasonable defaults is a dream to work with. A few interesting *.example files under /usr/share/doc would be spiffy. I know every once in a while you get complaints from a user who inattentively clobbered something vital. Just remember that the ones you notice are the screaming minority. -- Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"? Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action. --Ghost in the Shell