From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] udev, fstab, and fsck at boot.
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 04:29:54
1 At 2004-11-18T09:03:58-0500, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 <snip>
3 > A better solution is (as always, in my opinion with system-affecting
4 > files such as this) to instead provide a fstab.example, or not to
5 > provide an fstab via portage, at all.
6
7 I rather have to disagree. *.example files and other
8 documentation-related goodies in my /etc directory annoy me, but a
9 well-commented config file with some reasonable defaults is a dream to
10 work with. A few interesting *.example files under /usr/share/doc would
11 be spiffy.
12
13 I know every once in a while you get complaints from a user who
14 inattentively clobbered something vital. Just remember that the ones you
15 notice are the screaming minority.
18 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
19 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
20 --Ghost in the Shell