From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Help troubleshooting keyboard shortcut
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 09:03:37
On Friday 01 Jun 2012 19:08:27 Chris Stankevitz wrote:
> Hi, > > I use gnome on a stable system. I set my "preferred browser" to > chromium. I set a "keyboard shortcut" to launch my browser: Mod4+W. > > 90% of the time when I press Mod4+W, the browser appears. > > 10% of the time when I press Mod4+W, the browser does not appear. > When it doesn't work, I try again and the browser will appear, > although when it is in the "bad" state I generally have to issue > Mod4+W 3-4 times before I get the desired response. >
Do you have this problem while starting chrome directly? On my system sometimes chrome does not exist correctly leaving behind some zombile processes. When this happens I cannot launch chrome again. I need to kill these processes to be able to start chrome. -- - Yohan Pereira The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and a seal. -- Mark Twain