From: Sean Quinlan <smq@××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 21:47:53
1 --- lists <lists@×××××.net> (2007-02-03 21:30):
2 > I have been using Gentoo for 3 years and I have been using Linux for 10
3 > years! I have been spending the past 8 days trying to re-install gentoo
4 > on my desktop after a crash. compile error after error after error after
5 > error after error after error after error!! I think I am done with
6 > gentoo!!!!!
7 >
8 Hmm, let me consult my crystal ball to find out which of the hundreds of
9 compiles and millions of possible error messages you must be talking
10 about...
11
12 > I should have loaded a gun, pointed it at my foot, and squeezed!!!! I
13 > can't even begin to ask questions about what could be going wrong. there
14 > are too many! I have followed thread after thread and keep hiting new
15 > problems! What the H! Also, I am not a newbe! compile, compile,
16 > compile..... This is crazy!!
17
18 Perhaps you are not a native English speaker, but your analogy is poorly
19 chosen (although strangely apt in this case). Shooting yourself in the
20 foot says that you admit that _you_ did something stupid to cause this...
21 like, oh I don't know... sending a whining error message to a public
22 list without including any relevant information so that people can
23 actually help you.
24
25 Oh well, don't let the door hit you on the way out :)
26
27 Sean
28
29 PS: if you don't want to look like a newbie, at least learn how to
30 _spell_ "newbie".
33 Sean Quinlan (smq@××××××.uk)
37 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list