From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:02:31
> Thats great! I love it!!!
> > I'm running without my usual environment! I feel free and exposed! sorry > for the vent, Gentoo is a great distro, it has been really bad after a hd > crash trying to get back with a new install from an old (2006.0) livecd.
I guess your problems are: - You are trying to install a new Gentoo with an old live cd. Given the gcc/glibc etc. upgrades, I bet that's the cause of your problems. Why don't you use a 2006.1 cd? - Excess of ! . Please stop that caffeine pills. :) Gentoo sometimes gets on my nerves too (This weekend I had a 2-days struggle with ALSA and I feel the battle is not at the end too), but when I think about other distros with *periodic reinstalls*...brrr. m. -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list