From: Brenden Walker <Brenden@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] video capture software?
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:05:43
1 On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:13:09 +0100
2 Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > after having found out that VMware is using some kinda disgusting
7 > video codec for capturing I just thought about using some native
8 > X11/linux alternative.
9 >
10 > xvidcap keeps crashing.
11 > gvidcap (part of xvidcap package/ebuild) keeps crashing because it
12 > doesn't support 32bit depth (which I enabled for gaming and better
13 > looknfeel anyways) google didn't point me out to other (good) sites
14 > yet...
15 >
16 > so, in the end, I'm where I began.
17 >
18 > does anyone know a good video capturing tool for for X11?
19
20 Good luck, I tried tons of different things to get this to work well..
21 without any luck. I think I abandoned the idea..
22 --
23 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list