From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Service relaunch: gitweb.gentoo.org; anon git:// moving soon
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 03:39:27
1 Another week, another service...
2
3 The Gentoo Infra team now presents the relaunched Git web interface, now
4 hosted at: gitweb.gentoo.org.
5
6 It's cgit-based, but has working redirects for all prior gitweb
7 locations:
8 http://git.gentoo.org/gitweb/
9 http://sources.gentoo.org/gitweb/
10 http://overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/
11 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/
12 (https is also supported on all of these)
13
14 Thanks to a3li for his work on the new theming!
15
16 This comes at a price: I'd hoped to use this new system [1] to launch
17 the migrated Git service; but the sponsor continues to have network
18 issues [2]. I had hoped this was one of the last major delays in the Git
19 Migration project, so it'll be a while longer until we have a suitable
20 place for it.
21
22 There is one forthcoming change still, I'd like to deprecate with very
23 short notice, all non-SSH git service on the hostname of git.gentoo.org.
24 All anonymous git will soon be served at anongit.gentoo.org. At that
25 time, we'll provide both git:// (port 9418) and HTTP/HTTPS anonymous
26 checkouts. There will be a banner message up if you try to use port 9418
27 on git.gentoo.org. Stay tuned for a further announcement on the timing
28 of this.
29
30 [1] The sponsor explicitly bought a nice brand new box for us, after
31 their early plan to reuse some hardware was stymied by business
32 requirements.
33 [2] The sponsor's network firewall is TOO strict due to bug(s) in their
34 vendor's equipment (I don't know more than that, or which vendor).
35 Their business requirements greatly limit the availability of change
36 windows to test patches for the bug(s) or the alternative of trivially
37 relaxing some of the other firewall portion. This also means it's
38 IPv4-only at this time, we can't tunnel IPv6 through the firewall.
41 Robin Hugh Johnson
42 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead
43 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
44 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85