From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Release Engineering meeting tomorrow
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 22:22:44
Apologies for the late notice, but Release Engineering is having a
meeting tomorrow (Wednesday, January 23rd) at 2000 UTC.  The meeting is
being held on IRC at #gentoo-releng on irc.freenode.net and will be open
to the public, but will be moderated.  A question and answer/open floor
session will follow the meeting.  All users and developers are welcome
and encouraged to attend.

We will be discussing the following items:

- 2008.0 release time line and goals, features
- Automated regular internal release builds
- How to more involve the community in our release process
- How to more involve the developer community in our release process
- What do we want to do with the Gentoo Store
- What financial needs do we have, or where are we hurting for hardware
- What failed with 2007.1 and what can we do to improve

If you have further ideas that you would like to see discussed, please
reply on the gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list.  We will be
posting logs of the meeting on the http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng
project space after the meeting, in case any of you miss it.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead