From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] [sys-boot/grub] Grub2 series prepared for testing
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 12:12:23

Hi,
I updated the grub2 ebuilds in main tree and took maintainership of grub2.

The features included in my version that i have been testing in my dev
overlay for last few months include:

- - Support for setting platforms based on what user desires (defaut is
autodetection).

- - Slotted against grub-legacy so they can be installed side by side.

- - Automatic conversion of grub-legacy menu.lst to grub2 grub.cfg upon
first install (all later installs will use autogeneration from grub2).

- - Somewhat incomplete guide [1] on how to work with grub2 stored in my
devspace (here I really need help making it better, because it is only
blocker for unmasking).

Cheers

Tomas

[1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~scarabeus/grub-2-guide.xml