From: Christian Ruppert <idl0r@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] woodpecker.gentoo.org maintenance / outage
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:54:32
1 Hi everybody,
2
3 as some of you may have noticed already we did some reboot(s) on
4 woodpecker.gentoo.org aka dev.gentoo.org.
5
6 To be honest we/I didn't expect major problems but
7 as so often there are some if you don't expect it...
8
9 So woodpecker will be unavailable again today and/or probably tomorrow
10 as well.
11 There is no ETA yet.
12 We try to keep the outages as short as possible.
13
14 The reboots will be announced again (as before) via "wall" on
15 woodpecker but you may want to start $irc_client on your local computer
16 anyway for now.
17
18 What we did recently:
19 Major gcc/glibc upgrade.
20 Other major and minor upgrades.
21
22 What is left is:
23 Kernel
24 Baselayout2 / OpenRC
25
26 We'll let you know when we're done with it.
30 Regards,
31 Christian Ruppert
32 Role: Gentoo Linux developer, Bugzilla administrator and Infrastructure
33 member Fingerprint: EEB1 C341 7C84 B274 6C59 F243 5EAB 0C62 B427 ABC8