From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] deblobbing kernel sources redux (ATTN all overlays with kernel sources packages)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:44:15
This notice is mainly intended for everybody that maintains kernel
sources ebuilds in their overlay.

This evening I merged the deblob support from bug #266157, and depending
on your kernel source ebuilds, you may need to run a digest pass or
tweak them.

There are two new variables recognized by kernel-2.eclass now:
K_DEBLOB_AVAILABLE - ternary [0, 1, empty], is deblogging available,
                     not, or should we try to guess?
K_PREDEBLOBBED - binary, your sources already have blobs removed

If you want your kernel sources ebuilds to never be considered for
deblobbing, add the following line BEFORE kernel-2 is inherited:
K_DEBLOB_AVAILABLE=0

If your kernel source ebuilds are >=2.6.27, and you do not add the above
line, you will need to run a digest pass on them for the new distfile.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2@g.o