From: Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Returning dev: Sven "SwifT" Vermeulen
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:53:23
1 On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 22:28:09 +0200
2 Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > It is a pleasure for me to announce the return of a dev, which will
5 > probably be well known to those, who have been around for some time
6 > in Gentoo:
7 >
8 > Sven is joining us from Belgium and plans to help out the hardened
9 > team with selinux and also the docs team. This is, how he describes
10 > himself:
11 >
12 > > I'm a work-a-holic who works as systems analyst at an
13 > > international financial institution. Its my job there to watch
14 > > over the IT strategy and enterprise architecture, especially
15 > > concerning databases and scheduling technologies, and keep track
16 > > of business requirements & budget allocations as well as
17 > > "special" cases that want to deviate from standards. For my work,
18 > > I often need to travel abroad to central-europe (and occasionally
19 > > elsewhere for education or conferences) so who knows that I'll
20 > > eventually come by to say hi at local Gentoo gatherings
21 > >
22 > > I've always loved to work in the security field (as security
23 > > requires knowledge and I'm a good learner) but with a close eye
24 > > on the real users. Hence my affinity with documentation writing.
25 > >
26 > > Beyond IT, I have a daughter (born in 2008) whom I would do
27 > > anything for (and for some reason, she knows it) and a girlfriend
28 > > (the mother of my daughter). I'm addicted to sugar (in the form
29 > > of desserts) and like a strong beer once in a while (but I'm not
30 > > really a heavy drinker - also no light beers or wine). I'm fond
31 > > of movies but don't like to watch television (as a matter of
32 > > fact, we do not have any television distribution at all).
35 > So please give him a warm welcome and a feeling of coming home by
36 > adding him enough new bugs. ;-)
39 Welcome back, Sven. Good to have you on board again.