From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] masking app-admin/gnome-system-tools-2.14
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:37:41
1 Hello list,
2
3 12 Apr 2008; Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o> package.mask:
4 Masking gnome-system-tools because it is broken,
5 to help fix it, see bug #214265.
6
7 ------- Comment #3 from eva@g.o 2008-04-12 15:19 0000 -------
8 ok guys, here is the situation. We need someone really motivated with
9 perl foo and possibly a bit of C. Upstream is open to contribution and
10 will gladly accept it. We also need someone that knows gentoo system
11 well enough to help make things right for both upstream and the
12 contributor (if they are separated persons).
13
14 Gnome system tools were masked today because they are broken with gnome
15 2.22 and basically nobody wants to touch it.
16
17 Status on 2.22 s-t-b/g-s-t/liboobs:
18 * users-admin allows creating users but doesn't save them. Try to
19 debug this with d-feet spawned a strange error like "No .service
20 registred for :1:79" or something like that.
21 * network-admin doesn't seem to detect properly DHCP/Static IP but
22 reports appropriate status when using NM.
23 * services-admin doesn't detect running services and don't stop
24 them when unchecking a box.
25 * shares-admin seems to be working ok.
26 * time-admin looks ok as well.
27
28 Now where to start ? I think a good start would be to try and write a
29 CLI tool that manipulates users like usermod but through liboobs or
30 something that could be used as a testsuite for s-t-b. Please help.
33 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
34 Gentoo