From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] No more stable keywords for Games
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 20:35:34
1 As the Games team does not have enough manpower to keep tabs on all
2 games packages, we have dropped all games-* ebuilds to unstable
3 keywords (modulo those required by stable non-games packages).
4
5 While I accept that this will cause some irritation for the community,
6 pretending we have a well supported games collection by having a wealth
7 of stable games packages is misleading at best. By having 99% of games
8 be unstable, we convey the expectation users should have - namely that
9 games in Gentoo are not part of crucial Tier 1 packages.
10
11 We welcome contributions from outsiders willing to polish up the games
12 landscape in Gentoo.