From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 20:48:36
1 It was suggested by some people before (few months ago), so let's
2 discuss it for real.
3
4 Here are my suggestions:
5
6 - remove gentoo-project, we can discuss things on gentoo-dev
7 - remove gentoo-gmn, the project is dead, isn't it?
8 - remove gentoo-desktop-research, for similar reasons
9 - remove gentoo-performance, for similar reasons
10 - remove gentoo-extreme-security, ditto
11
12 My understanding is that we would still keep the archives of those
13 mailing lists, which are probably valuable.
14
15 The main benefit of the mailing list consolidation is less confusion
16 where to post, less fragmentation (people not reading or even not seeing
17 certain discussions), and removal of dead lists which give bad
18 impression when people try to use them.
19
20 What do you think?