From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: council@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Council meeting: Tuesday 9 August, 1900 UTC
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 18:26:42
1 The next council meeting will be Tuesday 9 August at 1900 UTC [1] in the
2 #gentoo-council channel of the Freenode IRC network.
3
4 Proposed meeting agenda:
5
6 * Roll call (5 minutes; anyone later will be given a slacker mark)
7
8 * Required advance notice for council meetings (10 minutes)
9 - Vote: 7 days vs 2 days
10 - If 7 days notice is required:
11 Vote: can the agenda be sent with only 2-day notice?
12
13 * ChangeLog autogeneration [2] (10 minutes)
14 - Vote: Should we implement an automated solution?
15 - If approved:
16 Vote: Choose between a small group of proposals, to be developed
17 over the next few days. The key difference is whether commits can be filtered.
18
19 * IRC cloaks: gentoo/user/cloaks [3] (5 minutes)
20 - Vote: Should we delegate this to devrel and userrel to work out?
21 - If not, then interested people should write a more detailed
22 proposal to vote upon in the next meeting
23
24 * Use of gentoo-council mailing list [4] (5 minutes)
25 - Vote: Should the -council mailing list again be used for discussion
26 of council agenda items?
27
28 * open bugs with council involvement
29 * open floor - listen to the community
32 Items proposed but not on the agenda:
33
34 * Optional runtime dependencies [5]
35 - What is the decision to be made? If none, it's not on the agenda
36
37 * Council terms: overlapping 2-year terms [6]
38 - Requires a full developer vote on changes to GLEP 39 so council
39 approval is not relevant
42 If you have anything you'd like to push to the council for
43 discussion, feel free to reply to this thread.
44
45 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/utctolocal.html?time=1900
46 [2] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/msg_3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f.xml
47 [3] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/msg_5471f2db793e7fe9f50038fb23258c66.xml