List Archive: gentoo-dev-announce
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Portage-2.2_rc1 has entered the tree a few minutes ago and the
package.mask entry for it has been removed. New features and changes
are listed in the NEWS and RELEASE-NOTES files shipped with it, most
importantly they include:
- support for internal and user-supplied package sets
- support for GLEP-42 news items
- license visibility filtering (aka ACCEPT_LICENSE)
- new FEATURES=preserve-libs to avoid the most common revdep-rebuild use
- support for use-dependencies (though not available to ebuilds yet)
- new blocker reolution algorithm
- GLSA integration via the @security package set
Official documentation on www.gentoo.org will be updated in the coming
weeks to account for these changes.