List Archive: gentoo-dev-announce
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
It was suggested by some people before (few months ago), so let's
discuss it for real.
Here are my suggestions:
- remove gentoo-project, we can discuss things on gentoo-dev
- remove gentoo-gmn, the project is dead, isn't it?
- remove gentoo-desktop-research, for similar reasons
- remove gentoo-performance, for similar reasons
- remove gentoo-extreme-security, ditto
My understanding is that we would still keep the archives of those
mailing lists, which are probably valuable.
The main benefit of the mailing list consolidation is less confusion
where to post, less fragmentation (people not reading or even not seeing
certain discussions), and removal of dead lists which give bad
impression when people try to use them.
What do you think?