From: Stuart Bouyer <stuart@××××××××××××××××.jp>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is it safe to delete the contents of /var/tmp/portage?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:40:09
1 On 木, 2002-09-12 at 01:28, Burton Samograd wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 >
4 > Is there any problems with deleting the contents of /var/tmp/portage
5 > (or whatever PORTAGE_TMP is pointing to)? I'm just curious since
6 > /var/ is defined as "a place to hold temp or program data between
7 > reboots" where as /tmp is just for temp data, and I don't want to kill
8 > anything.
9 >
10 > burton
11
12 No problem as long as you don't delete the /var/tmp/portage dir itself.
13 It is the area where emerge does it's compiling, so DON'T delete it
14 while emerging anything or the emerge will crash and burn - I did this
15 once 2 hours into emerge-ing mozilla on another virtual console, before
16 I learnt of the wonders of ccache.
17
18 Stu