From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] src_configure
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 13:58:32
1 On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 02:04 +0200, Sven Wegener wrote:
2 > Hi all!
3 >
4 > I'm writing this mail to bring you a thought we had over on freenode in
5 > the #gentoo-portage channel. We would like to split up src_compile. The
6 > new src_configure should just do the econf part and src_compile should
7 > do the emake part. This represents the general 3-step[1] installation in
8 > a much better way.
11 Will make debugging compile failures much easier imho.
15 Martin Schlemmer
16 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
17 Cape Town, South Africa