From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in net-im/qutecom: metadata.xml ChangeLog qutecom-2.2_p20110210.ebuild
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 23:45:30
1 Samuli Suominen schrieb:
2 > On 10/01/2011 08:02 PM, Chi-Thanh Christopher Nguyen (chithanh) wrote:
3 >> chithanh 11/10/01 17:02:59
4 >>
5 >> Added: metadata.xml ChangeLog qutecom-2.2_p20110210.ebuild
6 >> Log:
7 >> Bring back qutecom.
8 >
9 > Bringing back version of qutecom, that is forcing downgrade on
10 > linux-headers, when >= 2.6.38 is being stabilized is completely
11 > unacceptable.
12
13 Please point to existing authoritative documentation which says that
14 downgrades are unacceptable.
15
16 > It is NOT gentoo-x86 compatible package in it's current form.
17
18 It sets correct dependency on an existing ebuild in tree. The dependency
19 is only build time, users can upgrade linux-headers again afterwards.
20 The application itself is v4l2 compatible.
21
22 What I am a bit unhappy about is that the package was masked and removed
23 while I was away. Even bypassing the usual 30 days and no last rite
24 announcement was sent to -dev.
25
26 Bug 361181 is certainly on my TODO list, just not very high up to now.
27 If you think that there is some urgency in getting rid of the package,
28 please do explain so in advance.
31 Best regards,
32 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn