From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Let's redesign the entire filesystem! [was newsitem: unmasking udev-181]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:32:48
1 On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 21:22:26 -0400
2 Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On a somewhat sarcastic note, why don't we just deprecate /usr and
5 > move everything back to /? Isn't that, largely, what is being
6 > accomplished here? Solaris at least keeps some kernel stuff in / off
7 > of /stand (I believe). Linux, after this /usr thing is fully
8 > complete, about the only thing left in / that is of any value will
9 > be /etc. Kernels were moved into /boot ages ago.
10
11 A bit like stali? http://sta.li/
12
13 Or is that still too complicated? :)