From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: About using USE flags to pull in needed RDEPENDs being discouraged by devmanual
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 12:01:09
1 El sáb, 16-06-2012 a las 22:07 -0500, Dale escribió:
2 > Duncan wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Looking at the broader picture, the problem of extraneous packages in the
5 > > world file has always concerned me. If it were to be done over again,
6 > > and I think Zac would likely agree, emerge would use --oneshot by
7 > > default, so as not to contaminate the world file unnecessarily. Then
8 > > there'd be a different option (say -2) to add the package to the world
9 > > file if that's what was actually intended.
10 > >
11 > > That's actually how I have my emerge front-end scriptlets/aliases setup
12 > > here. -1 is the default; if I want it in the world file I use the *2
13 > > script variant, which omits the -1.
14 > >
15 > > But of course changing behavior in mid-stream doesn't work so well, so
16 > > emerge continues to stick stuff in the world file by default.
19 > I added -1 to my make.conf a long time ago. Whenever I emerge something
20 > and want it in the world file, just use the --select option. If I
21 > already emerged something but then want to add it to the world file,
22 > just add the -n option too. That keeps the world file clean and I can
23 > test things before adding anything to the world file.
24 >
25 > Dale
26 >
30 The problem is that this wouldn't solve the first issue because people
31 would still need to emerge extra packages with "--select" option if they
32 don't want to see them going away on next depclean round even if package
33 that needed them is still installed