From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Moving COLLISION_IGNORE (and UNINSTALL_IGNORE?) to profiles/*/make.defaults
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 13:45:41
1 >>>>> On Fri, 9 Aug 2013, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 11:32:12 +0200 Micha³ Górny <mgorny@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5
6 >> What do you think?
7
8 > +1
9
10 +1
11
12 Some observations (originally from IRC discussion, mgorny has asked me
13 to post them here for reference):
14
15 - As far as we know, these variables are Portage specific, as well as
16 FEATURES="collision-protect".
17 - Variables are _not_ incremental, so assigning them in a profile will
18 override make.globals.
19 - Setting them in make.conf will override both profiles and
20 make.globals.
21
22 So for users who assign the variables in make.conf the assignment in
23 profiles will have no effect. But I think one can assume that these
24 are advanced users who can handle such kind of situations.
25
26 Ulrich