From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>, "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>, Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>, gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Soliciting Feedback: Gentoo Copyright Assignments / Licensing
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 02:15:33
1 On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@g.o> wrote:
2 > Just ask anyone who has had to get their company to sign the FSF
3 > copyright assignment paperwork, for just how hard that was, and how long
4 > it took.
5
6 It took my university, who had no rational reason to own any of my
7 work, six months to sign the FSF's paperwork for a really simple bug
8 fix. By the time they decided they didn't care about owning my work,
9 it was April and I was graduating in May. They seriously asked me
10 whether I would just wait to submit the work until after I graduated
11 since it would be so much easier for them.