From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: sys-boot/lilo
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 03:32:23
1 On 6/1/2021 13:43, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > The base system project is dropping LILO: it really needs to be
3 > maintained by someone who actually uses it.
4
5 I'll claim it. I use it on my dev box to boot to ZFS root. Never took a
6 liking to GRUB. Simpler is better, and I honestly wouldn't mind if someone
7 could port FreeBSD's bootloader to Linux...
8
9 However, I am very time-limited, so I will defer to Hank or Peter if they
10 wish to tackle any open bugs and I'll serve as final reviewer, tester, and
11 committer.
14 Joshua Kinard
15 Gentoo/MIPS
16 kumba@g.o
17 rsa6144/5C63F4E3F5C6C943 2015-04-27
18 177C 1972 1FB8 F254 BAD0 3E72 5C63 F4E3 F5C6 C943
19
20 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And
21 our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
22
23 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic