From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Binary ebuild for openoffice-ximian
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:46:22
1 On Sunday 16 November 2003 22:20, Steven Elling wrote:
2 >
3 > I had the problem of running out of space and the OO build failing because
4 > of it. I have since freed up enough space to complete the install, but I
5 > was curious about something else.
6 >
7 > In the event that the OO build fails, can the keepwork feature be used to
8 > essentially start the build again where it left off.
9 >
10 > I know that make will check the modified time on files to determine if
11 > object files and such should be recompiled, but does qmake or whatever OO
12 > is using to do the build do the same? Or, are key files modified that
13 > force the recompile of all object files?
16 I don't know about the keepwork feature, but running ebuild <path to ebuild>
17 compile does work similar to normal make, so it saves a lot of time.
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze
23 Gentoo Developer