From: Einar Karttunen <ekarttun@×××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking latest ALSA modules
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:38:17
1 On 29.04 14:14, Spider wrote:
2 > testing right now, I've been using -beta until now, Just removed the
3 > beta packages and checked that i got the right versions on (-rc ) so ill
4 > get back if it doesn't work after my upcoming reboot ;)
7 I have used the raw tar.gz versions of alsa 0.90rc on my
8 gentoo machine. For me it seemed too harsh that alsa-lib
9 fails to build if alsa-driver is not installed because
10 many people have their custom kernel against which the
11 standard alsa-driver won't build. The patch to alsa-lib
12 is trivial: just remove the exit 1 from configure after
13 the alsa-driver test.
14
15 - Einar Karttunen