From: John Huttley <John@××××××.nz>
To: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cleaning update files
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 09:16:18
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2
3 >Hi all,
4 >
5 >just checking the profiles/updates dir I noticed we have files there for
6 >updates that tookplace nearly two years ago. While that isn't a problem
7 >by itself it's a serious slowdown for the fixpackages script as it will
8 >always apply all update files to all packages. I really doubt that there
9 >are still systems that need these old updates, so if noone objects I'll
10 >remove 3Q-2002, 4Q-2002 and 1Q-2003 later this week.
11 >
12 >Marius
16 Hi,
17
18 While you are at it, would you please consider writing a brief man page
19 for fixpackages.
20 I've no idea why packages need to be fixed or what happens if you don't.
21
22 Does the make.conf FEATURE option 'fixpackages' fix just the package
23 being emerged or does it sweep all of them?
24 (it is a plural!)
27 I'm sure I'm not alone.
28
29 Regards