From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] the graveyard overlay
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 18:52:06
1 Rich Freeman schrieb:
2 > On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
3 > <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
4 >> I think the point of a graveyard repository is that discovering and
5 >> extracting deleted ebuilds from git is more cumbersome than from CVS attic.
6 >>
7 >> It would be even better if the graveyard repository preserved the commit
8 >> history, but I don't see any easy solution for that.
11 > Like I said. If the only use case is helping people who don't know
12 > how to use git find deleted ebuilds, then just create a directory tree
13 > with everything that was ever in the Gentoo repo. That would be
14 > pretty easy to script. QA doesn't need to have anything to do with
15 > it.
16
17 I'm sorry for harping on that topic again, but if we had used grobian's
18 initial proposal for git migration[0] - one repository per package, and the
19 portage tree would be an aggregation of those - then we could have such a
20 thing basically for free now.
21
22 But that's how it is now. Getting ebuilds from CVS attic could be done via
23 the sources.g.o web interface even, no local checkout needed.
26 Best regards,
27 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
28
29 [0]