From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] *DEPEND mismatches
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:52:26
1 On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 02:00 +0200, Sven Wegener wrote:
2 > I want developers to take a look at the list and see if packages the
3 > maintain are listed. I'm aware that the list is quite large and still
4 > contains a lot of false positives. I can whitelist packages for DEPEND
5 > or RDEPEND either general, based on eclass usage or for a specific
6 > package. If you are sure that your package has a safe mismatch, I can
7 > add it to the whitelist. But please one after the other, this is just an
8 > initial test.
9
10 I've checked my packages. There seems to be quite a few false positives
11 for RDEPEND not being in DEPEND as some of the packages, which I
12 maintain, simply acts as a frontend to other packages, and thus doesn't
13 have a build-time dependency for the backend. Do you want me to list all
14 the packages affected in order to add them to the whitelist?
15
16 You might want to whitelist packages having */-firmware in RDEPEND but
17 not in DEPEND, as firmware is normally only a run-time dependency.
18
19 I've fixed the remaining packages I maintain.
20
21 Sincerely,
22 Brix
23 --
24 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
25 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd