From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
Cc: gregkh@g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in net-misc/bti: bti-007.ebuild ChangeLog metadata.xml Manifest
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 22:53:43
1 On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 11:17:14PM +0100, Thomas Sachau wrote:
2 > Greg KH schrieb:
3 > >>> src_install() {
4 > >>> doman bti.1
5 > >>> dobin bti
6 > >>> dodoc bti.example README RELEASE-NOTES
7 > >>> }
8 > >> You really should have some or all of these functions die on failure.
9 > >
10 > > Why would any of these fail if the src_compile succeeded?
11 >
12 > What happens, if upstream changes the name of the binary on version
13 > bump or changes the compile output location?
14
15 Then I will go and swat upstream upside the head for not realizing that
16 he also needed to fix the ebuild when he bumbed the version :)
17
18 (hint, upstream and me are the same...)
19
20 thanks,
21
22 greg k-h