From: Christian Birchinger <joker@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bash-completion eclass and USE flag
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:11:10
1 On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 11:55:43PM -0400, Aaron Walker wrote:
2 > As per bug #68161, I have written a simple eclass[1] for packages that
3 > provide
4 > contributed (ie not included in bash-completion proper) bash-completion
5 > functions.
6 >
7 > I am also proposing a global bash-completion USE flag, which the eclass
8 > would
9 > make use of. Currently bash-completion files are installed into
10 > /usr/share/bash-completion regardless of whether or not the user wants them.
11 >
12 > comments/flames/hugs?
13 >
14 > If no one screams too loudly, I'll probably add this in the next day or two.
15
16 Those files are so small and there aren't many of them. Putting
17 them automaticaly into /usr/share/bash-completion doesn't cause
18 any harm. I don't think it needs another useflag. It only forces
19 some people to configure their system again for this stuff.
20
21 Christian
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list