From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] iSeries Server
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:10:43
On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 03:07:10PM +0200, Jochen Maes wrote:
> don't know if we can do something with it, but my company is going to > throw away a big iSeries (our production server) > > If we can use it for Gentoo i think i can get it... don't know if will be > usefull...
How big, and what model? Some of the iSeries can run logically partitioned, and Linux can run in those LPARs. On the other hand, they do take a fair amount of power, especially the larger boxes in the line. The box would be useful if we were to get interested in doing an iSeries Gentoo port, but not much so otherwise. -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list