From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What the hell is going on here?
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 15:07:07
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:51:52PM +0200, Maciej Mrozowski wrote:
> On Friday 17 of September 2010 12:41:51 Angelo Arrifano wrote: > > Every single QA commit review coming into my Inbox during the past week > > was directed to arfrever. I *know* he is on probation, I *know* he made > > mistakes - in fact every one makes mistakes. But you guys are hammering > > all over him for picky stuff. > > > > Remind you that while it is a pleasure to be member of Gentoo, we are > > not your slaves; we chose to spend our free time contributing to Gentoo > > for several reasons - fun, knowledge and team work. Satisfying somebody > > else's flavors and wishes is certainly *not* one of them. > > > > I never had the chance to talk with arfrever, nor I ever looked to his > > work at Gentoo. But there is one thing I definitely got right, he has a > > lot of motivation to continue in Gentoo and *offer* his time and > > knowledge, otherwise he would just raise the middle finger and go away > > after all of this bashing. > > The other important thing is such "lecturing" should probably take place in > private, like gentoo-core. > > -- > regards > MM
Well, Angelo is quite right for posting in this ML because QA members wants anything to be publicly visible. Angelo, I do agree with you. It seems like everyone is forcing himself to find mistakes on Arfrevers commits even the slightest one. Whilst I do agree that pointing the mistakes is a good thing, however I am totally against targeting one person just to satisfy our ego. So I you spot a commit mistake and report it via the ML make sure you do it again when someone != Arfrever do it in the future. Bye -- Markos Chandras (hwoarang) Gentoo Linux Developer Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org Key ID: 441AC410 Key FP: AAD0 8591 E3CD 445D 6411 3477 F7F7 1E8E 441A C410