From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: netplugd and ifplugd support in OpenRc
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 21:06:45
1 On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 04:26:10PM -0400, Olivier CrĂȘte wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 09:48 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
3 > > In researching this program, I have found that it and ifplugd, which is
4 > > the alternative, have been unmaintained for years. Also Debian has
5 > > declared netplugd to be obsolete in favor of ifplugd.
6 > >
7 > > Does anyone have any thoughts about whether we should keep OpenRC
8 > > support for one or both of these?
9 >
10 > The ifplugd author recommends you use NetworkManager for dynamic
11 > networking scenarios.
12
13 NM seems bloated though unless you are using a desktop environment. It
14 wants to install 29 dependencies on my box.
15
16 Williiam