From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Handling of keywording bugs with only one arch
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:55:01
1 On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 19:07:41 +0200
2 Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > When a bug is marked as fixed it doesn't show up in searches developers
5 > use so it's a matter of who reads the email and acts upon it. I don't
6 > see why maintainers would be any more likely to act than an arch team
7 > comprised of multiple people in the case of bigger arches.
8
9 Hasn't the running theme for the last couple weeks been about not touching
10 packages you don't maintain and aren't throughly familiar with? ;)
11
12 Anyways, it's simply not the arch team's job to fix the issues that pop up
13 unless they somehow caused them. If there's a bug in the ebuild an arch
14 tester missed it's the maintainer who is responsible for fixing it.
15
16 I think the maintainer should always be the assignee. If/when we move to
17 bugzilla flags for arch testing this is going to have to be how it works
18 anyways.
22 fonts, by design, by neglect
23 gcc-porting, for a fact or just for effect
24 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662