From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Handling of keywording bugs with only one arch
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:55:01
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 19:07:41 +0200
Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:

> When a bug is marked as fixed it doesn't show up in searches developers > use so it's a matter of who reads the email and acts upon it. I don't > see why maintainers would be any more likely to act than an arch team > comprised of multiple people in the case of bigger arches.
Hasn't the running theme for the last couple weeks been about not touching packages you don't maintain and aren't throughly familiar with? ;) Anyways, it's simply not the arch team's job to fix the issues that pop up unless they somehow caused them. If there's a bug in the ebuild an arch tester missed it's the maintainer who is responsible for fixing it. I think the maintainer should always be the assignee. If/when we move to bugzilla flags for arch testing this is going to have to be how it works anyways. -- fonts, by design, by neglect gcc-porting, for a fact or just for effect wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662