From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tom
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:12:40
1 On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 09:52:52AM -0700, drobbins@g.o wrote:
2 : On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 07:05:05AM -0600, Gabriel wrote:
3 :
4 : > Yeah, everyone has an idea, but y'all are doing the work :) I do have a thought
5 : > though. I got Debian Hurd running a couple of weeks ago, and it has come a long
6 : > way. With the next iso bundle (Hurd-E1), I really think there could be a
7 : > foundation for the first non-debian hurd release. Gentoo would be perfect.
8 : > Especially if the base system only included FSF software. That's another
9 : > thing I'd be interested in playing with.
10
11 Actually, base system isn't only FSF. The default tarball used
12 BerkeleyDB, OpenSSH, Perl (which while is GPL'd, isn't owned by the
13 FSF), etc...
14
15 Yeah, I'm being a stickler, but I'm having a bad at work, so you all get
16 to suffer!!!! 8)
17
18 --Jerry
19
20 name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
21 phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
22 email: jerry@××××××.com || ...It's much more important
23 || than that!