From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: phajdan.jr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: removal of <net-print/foo2zjs-99999999 (earlier versions are fubar)
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:17:58
1 On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 16:09:53 +0200
2 ""Paweł Hajdan, Jr."" <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 6/2/11 5:20 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
5 > > I'd like to remove <net-print/foo2zjs-99999999. Non-live versions
6 > > are severely outdated (2008) and unusable (upstream changes tarballs
7 > > in-place, digest verification is broken).
8 >
9 > I went ahead and committed the change. I might try to provide some
10 > non-live ebuild in the future, and of course help is welcome.
11
12 BTW if you'd like to create an eclass for that kind of live packages
13 (which fetch packages from upstream), I could add smart rebuild
14 possibility to start-live-rebuild [1]. This way, foo2zjs users would be
15 able to upgrade their package whenever upstream tarball changes.
16
17 [1]:https://github.com/mgorny/smart-live-rebuild
20 Best regards,
21 Michał Górny