From: "Marty E. Plummer" <hanetzer@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Idea for a new project: gentoo-libs
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 02:59:00
1 On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 09:50:50PM -0500, Marty E. Plummer wrote:
2 > So, as you may be aware I've been doing some work on moving bzip2 to an
3 > autotools based build. Recently I've ran into app-crypt/mhash, which is
4 > in a semi-abandoned state (talking with the maintainer on twitter atm),
5 > and I was thinking it may be a good idea to set up a project for keeping
6 > these semi-abandoned and really-abandoned libraries and projects up to
7 > date and such.
8 >
9 > Basically, an upstream for packages who's upstream is either
10 > uncontactable or is otherwise not accepting bug fixes and patches. So
11 > far I can only think of app-crypt/mhash and app-arch/bzip2 but I'm sure
12 > there are others in this state.
13 >
14 Or... call it proxy-upstream, to be in line with the current proxy-maint
15 setup?