From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Minor changes in python.eclass and distutils.eclass
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 22:31:09
1 On Monday, July 05, 2010 16:23:50 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
2 > 2010-07-05 21:18:57 Mark Loeser napisał(a):
3 > > Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis said:
4 > > > 2010-07-05 20:00:11 Mark Loeser napisał(a):
5 > > > > Everyone else has already made valid points. I'm just picking this
6 > > > > one to reply to now. Please remove the colors you have added. If
7 > > > > you need a new function, say "eqawarn", we should have that added in
8 > > > > the next EAPI with a description of when and where to use it.
9 > > >
10 > > > In case of the colored message added in this patch, if
11 > > > einfo/elog/ewarn/eqawarn/eerror was used, then its output wouldn't be
12 > > > logged by Portage.
13 > >
14 > > I don't understand what you are trying to say.
15 >
16 > Portage doesn't log output of einfo/elog/ewarn/eqawarn/eerror called in
17 > global scope.
18
19 dont call it in global scope then. the more parsing you do in global scope
20 the worse you make performance for the tree. these things get executed during
21 dependency generation which means it gets spammed even when not emerging.
22
23 use pkg_setup or something similar like everyone else.
24 -mike