From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: mva@×××.name
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] git.eclass, git-2.eclass... git-r1.eclass?
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:34:55
1 Dnia 2013-08-28, o godz. 18:30:06
2 "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@×××.name> napisał(a):
3
4 > > 2. Kill EGIT_HAS_SUBMODULES and autodetect submodules,
5 >
6 > I'm disagreed. Sometimes submodules, that repo suggests is unneded,
7 > since they fetches external package, that specified as RDEP.
8
9 Then you are using EGIT_HAS_SUBMODULES wrong. It's purpose never were
10 to filter out submodules you don't like. It's only purpose was to
11 switch checkout type because of submodules.
12
13 > > 3. Kill EGIT_OPTIONS since it limits the possibility of changing eclass
14 > > code,
15 >
16 > :-/
17
18 What did you use that for?
19
20 > > 4. Kill EGIT_MASTER (it's more trouble than benefit),
21 >
22 > Only if EGIT_BRANCH will stay on it's place.
23
24 Yes, I will put best effort to get EGIT_BRANCH working as it's expected
25 to. The goal is to have just one variable to specify the branch.
26
27 > > 5. Possibly kill EGIT_PROJECT -- it won't be good enough anymore,
28 >
29 > Why?
30
31 Because submodules will need additional storedirs. We need to find
32 a good way to choose storedir from EGIT_REPO_URI purely.
33
34 > > 6. Kill EGIT_NONBARE and support bare checkouts only. Supporting two
35 > > different layouts introduces a lot redundant code.
36 >
37 > AFAIR, that was issues (including shallow clones and so on), that
38 > refuses to use bare repo.
39
40 I have a good fix that will avoid those issues.
43 Best regards,
44 Michał Górny