From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development Mail List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Embedded Gentoo
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 03:43:44
1 On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 22:26, Luke-Jr wrote:
2 > Also, ideas
3 > for GUIs might be spyderous's <1MB X11 server and Opie. Don't think we
4 > can fit KDE/GNOME into the 64MB tho ;)
5
6 You can fit a fairly complete installation of kdrive and needed
7 libraries into ~7MB after deleting a few unneeded servers. However that
8 isn't in portage right now, just my overlay, which is available on
9 http://dev.gentoo.org/~spyderous/overlay/.
10
11 The kdrive in portage currently should also work somehow but is older
12 and the build is significantly different (imake vs. autotools).